You are awesome!
You have your own business and you want to make a difference but have no idea where to start?
And we want to speak with you!
People who own and/or run their own business know what it takes to run a business, you start as a jack-of-all-trades but over time you re-invest back into the business to grow your team and find the right people with the right skill-set to manage and grow your business.
Small to medium businesses are the backbone of the Australian economy, creating around 7 million jobs, contributing to 57% of Australia’s GDP and cementing our reputation as a nation of entrepreneurs.
What kind of person do you need to be to run a thriving SME in Australia?
So if the measures of a successful business aren’t just about high profits, what traits do SME owners need to possess to make a success of their enterprise? Being prepared to work hard, having a genuine sense of passion and being good at dealing with difficult customers top the list. Being willing to fail as well as being a life-long learner also make it into the top 10. Interestingly, being a good financial manager sat well below these things in 10th place.
Meanwhile, SMEs’ view on risk is striking. SMEs clearly don’t rate taking a careful approach to risk – only 11% considered taking a conservative approach and taking as few risks as possible to be an important trait.
Mindset/character traits of successful business people
- Be prepared to work really hard
- Be very passionate about your business and be persistent, no matter what!
- Be really good at dealing with clients/customers, especially when they are being difficult
- Be a life-long learner and constantly update your skills and those of your staff
- Be willing to fail and learn from your mistakes
- Be the kind of person who is always striving for continuous improvement
- Be the kind of person who stays calm in stressful or high pressure situations
- Be open to change and embrace it, rather than be afraid of change
- Be exible and able to adapt quickly to changing market conditions
- Be a really good financial manager
Let's face it, the culture and environment for grass-root charities is not really set up to have them succeed.
They have high levels of administration, reporting and governance, they are expected to run their organisation with volunteers or poorly paid staff, they are scolded for spending money on promoting what they do and the impact they make and yet we expect them to run at an 80% profit!
Imagine if they could channel some of our SME Entreprenuership and character traits and empower a growth mindset. Then we could really see the impact they can make.
Thats's why we created our program, so people like you and businesses like yours, can enable organisations to make an even greater impact.
Dovetail Social Impact Partnership Program
It's clear - It's transparent - It's Powerful
We create a powerful partnership between grass-root charities and businesses that want to make a social impact but are not sure where to start. They choose one that aligns with their business values and objectives and through the program we develop a range of fundraising activities within their business that suits their business type.
You will have access to our resource library of fundraising activities that will provide guides and tools to implement within your business as well as access to our community of charity and fundraising specialists to raise funds for the charity program and empower their capacity.
We also offer support with events such as Charity Challenges for businesses, teams and your customers to participate in.
What's in it for my business?
- better brand recognition
- positive business reputation
- increased sales and customer loyalty
- operational costs savings
- better financial performance
- greater ability to attract talent and retain staff
- organisational growth
- easier access to capital
Want to make a greater difference?
Get in touch!
Thank you for contacting us